We are no longer accepting applications for this R&E Engagement Coordinator. Applications are currently under review. Thank you for your interest!
The mission of the Organic Farming Research Foundation (OFRF) is to foster the improvement and widespread adoption of organic farming systems. OFRF envisions a future where organic farming is the leading form of agriculture. Our goal is to broaden access to and involvement in our programs; working toward greater equity in our food and agriculture systems overall. Since our founding in 1990, OFRF has sponsored organic farming research, education, and outreach to support organic and transitioning farmers across North America. This work is complemented by efforts to share our findings with policy makers, agricultural institutions, and federal agencies to support broader change and advance the organic sector.
The OFRF Research and Education (R&E) Engagement Coordinator is a full-time, benefited, non-exempt position. While the organization is based in Santa Cruz, CA, this position has the ability to work remotely within the USA.
The R&E Engagement Coordinator is responsible for facilitating OFRF’s farmer-led research trials; developing and implementing an outreach strategy to increase farmer engagement and the relevance and visibility of OFRF and our resources to growers; and collecting and identifying stories of effective researcher and producer cooperation.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support and facilitation of OFRF’s on-farm research and farmer-led learning trials, including the creation of a streamlined application and review process; identifying outreach opportunities; assisting farmer-researchers in implementation of their research/learning trials; oversight of farmer projects; and project summary writing.
- Conduct outreach to collect, write about, and distribute practical information, stories, and resources to the organic farming community.
- Assist with planning and facilitation of virtual and in-person meetings, workshops, and field days with growers and/or researchers, including coordinating scholarship awards, and organizing materials and event logistics.
- Support staff in the development and design of OFRF’s new online content hub.
- Engage farmers and other advisors in OFRF research and education activities.
- Maintain and strengthen relationships with organic researchers and OFRF-funded researchers, past and present.
- Help write about and disseminate research and information on organic farming practices, through OFRF website, social media, and newsletters.
- Strengthen existing relationships, and cultivate new relationships, with grower organizations, partners organizations, and allies at the state and regional levels across the U.S.
- Assist with program evaluation and surveying to keep OFRF projects and resources relevant to growers needs.
- Engage with external partners, including scheduling and organizing meetings and conference calls.
- Collaborate with staff and board on OFRF racial equity, diversity and inclusion goals
- Other tasks, as assigned by your supervisor.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in sustainable agriculture, agronomy, soil science, horticulture, ecology, environmental studies, or a related field.
- A minimum of 3 years of outreach or education experience in agriculture or with farming organizations or a related field.
- Knowledge of organic food and farming issues and an interest in engaging with organic farmers.
- Knowledge of experimental design process for executing research trials.
- Strong organization skills, attention to detail, and ability to work on multiple projects and meet deadlines (time-management).
- Ability to problem-solve and work well with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Excellent communication, including strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Ability to facilitate conversations with groups and communicate effectively with farmers and farming advocates.
- Ability to produce creative quality communications and educational resources.
- Commitment to the mission and vision of OFRF, including alignment with OFRF’s racial equity, inclusion and diversity initiatives.
- Proficiency with common software applications, such as Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience working and communicating collaboratively in a remote setting using Microsoft Teams, Google Drive, Google Suite, and Asana.
- Experience with customer resource management systems (such as Salesforce) and email list management, preferred.
COMPENSATION and BENEFITS
Starting hourly rate is $24-$29 depending on experience. OFRF offers a competitive benefits package and a great work environment with lots of flexibility. We look for co-workers who can have fun and are committed to working for a cause we love.
Submit your complete packet with “Engagement Coordinator” in the subject line via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
- A cover letter stating your interest and qualifications
- A resume or CV outlining your skills and experience
Please visit www.ofrf.org to learn more.
OFRF is an equal opportunity employer. Just as in the natural world where diversity creates resilience and strength, we believe a diverse workplace is crucial to the success of our organization and our efforts to support organic farmers. We strive to create a safe and supportive office culture and workplace that encourages racial and social equity. OFRF has a zero-tolerance policy for discrimination of any kind, and we encourage all qualified applicants to apply no matter their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran or disability status.