The mission of the Organic Farming Research Foundation (OFRF) is to foster the improvement and widespread adoption of organic farming systems. OFRF envisions a future where organic farming is the leading form of agriculture. Since our founding in 1990, OFRF has sponsored organic farming research, education, and outreach to support organic and transitioning farmers across North America. This work is complemented by efforts to share our findings with policy makers, agricultural institutions, and federal agencies to support broader change and advance the organic sector.
The OFRF Partnerships & Development Director is a full-time, benefited, exempt position. While the organization is based in Santa Cruz, CA, this position has the ability to work remotely within the USA. The Partnerships & Development Director is responsible for overseeing all elements of OFRF’s fundraising initiatives and manages the development program. The Partnerships & Development Director works closely with OFRF’s small but dynamic staff to design and implement an effective fundraising plan to meet and grow the annual operating budget. The Partnerships & Development Director reports to the Executive Director.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leads creation of annual fundraising goals and campaigns to support the strategic and programmatic goals of the organization, including strategic revenue growth.
- Provides oversight and direction of all development activities, including foundation and federal grants, corporate and individual giving, endowments, and other fundraising activities.
- Supports and maintains the overall development of organizational partnerships and external relationships.
- Manages and improves donor database (Salesforce) to report on progress towards revenue goals as well as prospect and stewardship tracking.
- Oversees pledges and revenue recognition for the organization.
- Provides strategic oversight of OFRF materials and marketing collateral.
- Monitors and regularly reports on the progress of the development program.
- Liaises with the Board and supports relationship building and fundraising efforts.
- Supervises development staff and contractors, as needed.
Foundation and Government Grants
- Researches and develops opportunities for grant funding.
- Writes and coordinates development of grant proposals, including budgets, submittal and reporting in coordination with ED, Deputy Director, and program staff.
- Designs and implements stewardship programs to expand current donor base, increase level of giving, and re-engage lapsed donors by implementing fundraising appeals, planned giving, and other campaigns.
- Provides oversight of donor acknowledgements, letters and recognition.
- Cultivates and solicits major donors in coordination with Executive Director and Board members.
- Manages and grows corporate relationships, donor stewardship, sponsorship opportunities, and other appeals.
- Provides strategy and oversight in the design and production of fundraising events.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of philanthropic development experience illustrating a successful history in raising funds.
- Familiarity with issues and challenges in organic agriculture and passion to make organic the leading form of agriculture in the U.S.
- Outstanding communication skills (written and oral).
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Experience working and communicating collaboratively in a remote setting using Microsoft Teams, Google Drive, and Google Suite.
- Proficiency with Macs and PCs, common software applications, and CRM databases (Salesforce experience strongly preferred).
- Commitment to the mission and vision of OFRF, including alignment with OFRF’s racial equity, inclusion and diversity initiatives.
- Strong desire to meet with potential donors on a regular basis and travel to several meetings and events annually.
- Self motivated with the ability to work independently as well as within a team.
- Demonstrated ability to show initiative, achieve goals, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
COMPENSATION and BENEFITS
Starting salary range $80-90K, depending on experience. OFRF offers a competitive benefits package and a great work environment with lots of flexibility. We look for co-workers who can have fun and are committed to working for a cause we love.
Submit your complete packet with “Partnerships & Development Director” in the subject line via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. All qualified applicants should submit:
- A cover letter stating your interest and qualifications
- A resume outlining your skills and experience
Please visit www.ofrf.org to learn more.
OFRF is an equal opportunity employer. Just as in the natural world where diversity creates resilience and strength, we believe a diverse workplace is crucial to the success of our organization and our efforts to support organic farmers. We strive to create a safe and supportive office culture and workplace that encourages racial and social equity. OFRF has a zero-tolerance policy for discrimination of any kind, and we encourage all qualified applicants to apply no matter their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran or disability status.