Posting Date: February 2022
Deadline to submit applications: March 16, 2022
Applications will be reviewed late March and initial screening calls will begin the week of March 28, 2022.
The mission of the Organic Farming Research Foundation (OFRF) is to foster the improvement and widespread adoption of organic farming systems. Since its founding in 1990, OFRF has sponsored organic farming research, education, and outreach to support organic and transitioning farmers across North America. This work is complemented by efforts to share our findings with policy makers, agricultural institutions, and federal agencies to support broader change and advance the organic sector.
The OFRF Research and Education Program Fellow is a benefitted, full-time (40 hrs/week), 100% remote, and non-exempt temporary position that is for one year. The Research and Education (R&E) Program Fellow’s role is to provide support for a variety of ongoing research and education projects and reports to the Research & Education Program Manager. This position has the potential to extend beyond a year. This position does not offer visa sponsorship. All applicants must already be eligible to work in the U.S.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide programmatic support for a variety of research and education projects, including curriculum development, online research and literature reviews, building collaborations and engagement with external partners, scheduling and organizing meetings and conference calls, assisting with cleaning datasets, etc.
- Assist with OFRF’s research grant making program, including outreach, application processing, and facilitating and compiling the Board’s review and scoring of proposals.
- Perform outreach to disseminate the results of OFRF-funded research and increase awareness of best organic practices, including writing blogs and creating promotional materials.
- Assess and track the impact of OFRF research projects by maintaining and strengthening relationships with OFRF-funded researchers, past and present.
- Participate in developing, monitoring, and reporting on grants related to research and educational activities.
- Create communication and outreach materials to promote the use of our research and education materials, and increase attendance at OFRF events.
- Organize and coordinate research and education events, such as our annual research forum, including managing calls for abstracts, coordinating scholarship awards, and organizing materials and event logistics.
- Represent OFRF at conferences and events, and support stakeholder outreach.
- Other tasks, as assigned by your supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher (Master’s degree or graduate experience preferred) in sustainable agriculture, sustainable food systems, environmental studies, or a related field.
- A minimum of two years of experience working in agriculture research, education and/or outreach, or a related field.
- Spanish-language fluency (preferred).
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to adhere to strict deadlines.
- Stellar communication skills, including verbal and written communication, as well as visual presentations.
- Ability to work professionally with a diverse group of individuals to accomplish goals
- Attention to detail and critical thinking skills.
- Proficiency with common software applications, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience working and communicating collaboratively in a remote setting using Microsoft Teams, Google Drive, and Google Suite.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Experience working with Canvas or other online curriculum development platforms (preferred).
COMPENSATION and BENEFITS
OFRF offers a full range of benefits and a great work environment. Compensation for the Research and Education Program Fellow position is $21.63-$25.00/hr, depending on experience.
The deadline to submit applications is March 16th. Applications will be reviewed late March and initial screening calls will begin the week of March 28th.
OFRF has been working to build racial equity and inclusion in the organic farming sector and strongly encourages BIPOC candidates to apply. Submit your complete packet with “Research and Education Program Fellow” in the subject line via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. All candidates meeting at least 80% of the desired qualifications should submit both:
- A cover letter stating how your qualifications fit the position description.
- A CV or resume outlining your skills and experience.
Please visit www.ofrf.org to learn more about the Organic Farming Research Foundation.
Organic Farming Research Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Just as in the natural world where diversity creates resilience and strength, we believe a diverse workplace is crucial to the success of our organization and our efforts to support organic farmers. We strive to create a safe and supportive office culture and workplace that encourages racial and social equity. OFRF has a zero-tolerance policy for discrimination of any kind, and we encourage all qualified applicants to apply no matter their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran or disability.