October 11, 2018 – Please join OFRF and eOrganic for a series of eight free webinar trainings on organic farming and soil health in the Western U.S. The webinars will target agricultural professionals including Extension personnel, other agency personnel, and agricultural consultants in an effort to increase expertise in organic practices that promote soil health.
As a complement to OFRF’s Organic Farming and Soil Health Guidebooks, this series will highlight soil health research and practices specific to the Western Region. The goal is to address the need for region-specific resources and knowledgeable Extension services related to organic soil health, biology, nutrient cycling, and more.
Dr. Mark Schonbeck of OFRF will be joined by experts in the Western Region to review the most recent soil health research and practices relevant to the Western Region. The webinars will provide an overview of the topic, best practices for the Western Region, in-depth analysis of the latest research, and an extensive question and answer session after each presentation.
– Ecological Nutrient Management for Organic Production in the Western Region
– Ecological Weed Management for the Western Region
– Practical Conservation Tillage for Western Region Organic Cropping Systems
– Selecting and Managing Cover Crops for Organic Crop Rotations in the Western Region
– Breeding New Cultivars for Soil-enhancing Organic Cropping Systems in the Western Region
– Preparing for Drought: the Role of Soil Health in Water Management in Organic Production
– Meeting Weather Challenges in the Western U.S.: Organic Practices to Mitigate and Prepare for Climate Change
– Soil Biology for the Western Region: Organic Practices to Recruit and Nurture Beneficial Biota in the Soil