The goal of this guidebook is to help organic farmers navigate the wilderness of soil life and soil health management by providing up-to-date, science-based information on:
- The soil food web, its key components, and functions.
- Assessing and monitoring soil life and soil biological condition.
- Managing soil life for long term soil health and productivity in organic systems.
- Biological management of plant diseases.
- Microbial inoculants and biostimulants: whether, when, and how to use them.