Organic Farming Research Foundation created a 5-minute reel of highlights from this past year. Watch this video for updates from its Research, Education, and Policy and Advocacy departments. Program successes include:
- The soon-to-be released National Organic Research Agenda (NORA) report;
- The 2021-22 organic research grant cycle that focuses on climate mitigation and resilience and prioritizes early career and Black, Indigenous, and People of Color researchers, farmers and ranchers;
- Educational materials addressing the challenges of Southern US farmers;
- A multi-year partnership with the Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS); and
- Advocacy efforts for the Agriculture Resilience Act (ARA) in the new Biden-Harris Administration.
OFRF also expanded their staff in 2021 and have evaluated its strategic plan to focus on racial equity in all programming.